Data Archive for the GREGOR Infrared Spectrograph

Statistics of the GRIS data archive for 2014, 2015, & 2016. a) Days of observation in the indicated wavelength regime. (spec) observation are preformed in spectroscopic mode. b) During the years the number of datasets increased slightly, being equally distributed between 1.08µm and 1.5µm in 2016. c) The majority of data is recorded as images. d) About 60% of the data are rated with the quality category B, see explanation in the text. And the other 40% are rate quality C.

http://archive.leibniz-kis.de/pub/gris/index.html

So far, the GREGOR Infrared Spectrograph (GRIS) was the most frequently used post-focus instrument of the GREGOR telescope. In a little over 150 observing days more than 500 data sets of unprecedented spatial resolution were recorded in spectroscopic and spectro-polarimetric mode. In the archive we host all the GRIS data and visualize the standard observation in the 1.08µm and 1.56µm regime, either as a single map scan or in time sequence mode. For the archive, we provide an overview website. We show preview maps of the Stokes vector for each data set alongside context information like exposure time or time of observation. Furthermore, we provide context images of the solar disk and heliocentric angle.

Automatic calibration and reduction of the raw data is done using a data pipeline that is provided by the instrument PI Manolo Collados (IAC). This science-ready data is available as level 1 data. For the 1.56µm regime we additionally provide level 2 data from profile analyses consisting of Dopplermaps, maps of strength and orientation of the magnetic field, etc.

Calibrated data can be downloaded from the respective archive folder using the indicated link on the top of the daily page. Almost all data is available for public use. For your convenience we recommend ’wget’ to download multiple files. In order to work with the calibrated data we provide the user with a GUI that runs in IDL 8.5 or higher. It is a stand alone program and does not require a license and was developed by the CASSDA group at KIS. Additional information on how to install the GUI, details of the organisational structure of the archive, publications studying the data quality of GRIS and an acknowledgement phrase can be found on the website.

The GRIS metadata is also made available through the Solar Virtual Observatory prototype that was developed within SOLARNET and is operated at the Royal Observatory of Belgium in Brussels: http://solarnet.oma.be/  .


For questions/comments/suggestions please contact Morten Franz.